It’s summertime and the livin’s easy! Whether you’ve got a snazzy vacation planned and need a good book to pack or you’re just wanting to spend a little more time reading this summer, here are 8 books every military wife needs to add to her reading list. Full disclosure: I haven’t read all of these yet! I’m in the middle of two of these books right now and the ones I haven’t read are definitely on my list!
1. The 5 Love Languages: Military Edition – It’s #1 on the list because it’s an absolute must! Understanding your and your spouses’ primary love languages can make a big difference in your marriage. Just trust me on this and have your spouse read it, too!
2. Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs – Another AWESOME marriage book and one I’m currently reading, as you’ve probably seen on my Instagram ;)
3. The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level – I’m in the middle of reading this one as well and it’s already made such a huge impact for me in my business, my marriage, my friendships, and well, my whole life! It’s an easy read that challenges your mind in the best ways possible.
4. Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives – This book is a collection of devotionals that are perfect for military wives with deployed spouses.
5. Faith Deployed… Again: More Daily Encouragement for Military Wives – Just in case you finish the first one ;)
6. The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands – If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed often or have a hard time saying “no” to things, this book is definitely for you. I read this one last summer and I HIGHLY recommend it, especially if you’ve got a PCS or deployment coming up!
7. The Power of a Praying Wife – I own the military edition of this book (it was given to me at a marriage retreat but apparently you can’t buy that edition online—it’s for donation only) but there are many different versions that exist, including The Power of a Praying Husband.
8. I Can’t Make This Up: Life Lessons – This one is just for fun! I’m a huge comedy fan so of course I’m excited to read Kevin Heart’s new release! It’s currently #14 on the best-selling books list on Amazon so I have high hopes for this one!
What are some of your favorites? I love adding new books to my list!
PS: This post included affiliate links, but I only share things that I LOVE & think you will too.