I don’t know about you, but I love seeing my husband’s face light up when I’ve done something sweet for him. I think serving your spouse is one of the keys to a strong and happy marriage no matter what your “Love Languages” are, and small RAKs are an awesome way to serve your husband on a daily basis. While there are probably hundreds of simple ways to show your hubby some kindness, I came up with forty:
- Give him a surprise massage.
- Do one of “his chores” for him (ex: iron his clothes/uniforms or take out the garbage if that’s usually his job).
- Make his favorite meal.
- Tell him how much you appreciate him.
- Surprise him at work with his favorite coffee or snack.
- Play his favorite video game with him.
- Bring him breakfast in bed (this is one of my favorites!).
- Slip a love note in his lunch, pocket, wallet, car, etc.
- Watch a sports game with him.
- Start a conversation with him that matters.
- Surprise him with one of his favorite things (a book by an author he loves, a CD by a favorite band, etc.).
- Leave a sweet message on a sticky note somewhere you know he’ll see it.
- Make a date to do HIS hobby together.
- Order something simple online that you know he’ll love. Everyone loves getting surprises in the mail!
- Let him pick the movie (or restaurant, or whatever!).
- Send him a sweet text during the day.
- Ask him what you can do for him.
- When you can’t agree on something, let him win.
- Get a bubble bath started and light candles to add a little romance to any night of the week.
- Leave a lipstick note for him on a mirror.
- Don’t look at a phone, TV, or computer while sharing a meal with him. Give your husband your undivided attention.
- Pray for him, and tell him that you do.
- Bake his favorite dessert.
- Brag about him!
- Wash that one item he uses frequently but rarely washes (a favorite sweater, a coffee mug, water bottle, or even his car).
- Kiss him passionately, just because.
- Buy him a little surprise and leave it somewhere he’ll notice it with a pun (checkout my Valentine’s Care Package post for ideas on cute puns!).
- Give him a sincere compliment.
- Put his towel & underwear in the dryer or in front of a heater while he showers, then bring it to him when he gets out.
- Flirt with him in front of others.
- Pick up his favorite drink and have it waiting for him in the fridge.
- Play with his hair or massage his scalp when you get the chance.
- Tell him that you’re glad you married him.
- Plan a romantic date. It doesn’t have to be expensive! (You could do a picnic in a park or make a date to watch the sun rise or set.)
- Brag about him on social media.
- Hold his hand when you’re in a car together.
- Give him coupons to redeem for things like a massage or a compliment. I love the free printable coupons The Dating Divas shared!
- Better yet, surprise him with one! Hide one in his wallet or leave it somewhere he’ll discover it unexpectedly.
- Write an encouraging Bible verse somewhere he’ll see it.
- Call him just to let him know that you love him and that you’re thinking about him.
I realize that a lot of people can’t do all of these things, but no matter what circumstances you’re in (richer or poorer, sickness or health…) you can always find small ways to show your spouse that you love them.
How do you show your hubby some love?
PS: Want to keep this checklist handy? Click the button to print it! >>>
Photo courtesy of Darcyadelaide.