As many of you already know, my husband and I love to travel. While we’ve been to many places in the Caribbean, we have yet to visit Puerto Rico, for some reason. If you haven’t been there either, you need to put Puerto Rico on your bucket list! Get ready to ditch your spring break Cancun reservations, because you’re about to fall in love with Puerto Rico (like I did!).
- It’s extremely easy! There’s no need for Passports or foreign money, which means no getting ripped off at currency exchanges. Just hop on a plane and go!
- Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline and it was even featured on the Top 10 beaches from Travel Channel (I hear Flamenco Beach in Culebra is a MUST! It’s often cited as one of the best beaches in the world.)
- You can glow like an angel in the waters of the Bioluminescent bays. While it might be kind of freaky, it’s completely safe (and tons of fun, from what I hear!).
- Visit the only rainforest under US national park service, El Yunque, and climb to the clouds while you’re there!
- If you’re a History Buff, you can enjoy the old world charm of San Juan.
- Adventurers can enjoy horseback riding or the magnificent Camuy caverns that run through the 3rd largest subterranean river in the world.
- Foodies can experience the delicacies of Puerto Rican gastronomy and its famous Rums (which I’ve heard is worth the price of the plane ticket in itself!).
- Puerto Rico is filled with world-class attractions that will turn any trip into a 5-star vacation story, such as zip lining, thermal hot springs, golfing, agrotourism, and so much more!
Still not convinced? Check out this short video!