As much as I love eating junk food at football parties (especially during Super Bowl parties—it’s a great excuse to eat what I want), I can’t help but to smile when I see that someone’s brought a veggie tray or some fruit. Maybe if I drop a few celery sticks on my plate I won’t regret eating all of these nachos when I’m at the gym tomorrow, right? Anyway, these chocolate-covered strawberries are a great way to make someone like me not feel as guilty about eating junk all night—even if they are covered in chocolate. Plus they’re so festive!
Here’s what you need:
- Strawberries, clean and dry (if they aren’t dry the chocolate won’t stick!)
- Milk chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Two bowls
- Two spoons
- Sandwich baggie
Here’s what you do:
- Start by melting a cup of milk chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds, then repeat in 10-second intervals until the chocolate runs smooth.
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate and lay on parchment paper to cool. Melt more milk chocolate chips as needed (you probably won’t need the entire bag).
- Melt a cup of white chocolate chips using the same method, and spoon the melted chocolate into a sandwich baggie. Cut a very small piece off one of the bottom corners of the baggie. You can always cut more if you want, but it’s a pain in the rear if you cut it too big!
- Use the baggie to decorate your strawberries by drawing a vertical line down the center with a few horizontal lines across it.
- Ta-da! Let cool and take pictures for Instagram.